Module 3—Establishing asthma severity and control: the foundation of preventive asthma care
In this video, we provide a brief overview of the key clinical elements examined when assessing asthma severity and control and techniques for classifying your pediatric patients- an important milestone when implementing an intervention like CHAMPS. Access additional educational resources and tools to assist you in developing an appropriate screening strategy at your practice.
For more information on the CHAMPS program, please visit the CHAMPS Homepage.
- For additional spirometry training resources visit the CDC NIOSH or Spirometry 360 web-based training courses.
- Check out the Allergy and Asthma Network website, CDC asthma page, Medline Plus asthma website, and the NHLBI Guidelines for Diagnosis and Management of Asthma for additional educational information on asthma.
- For more resources from NHLBI visit their Asthma Control Initiative website, view their Asthma Quick Reference Guide, and learn about their Physician Asthma Care Education program.
- Click here for more information on the Asthma Control Test for Children.
- Check out CDC’s asthma educational resources, specifically designed for children and parents.
- Refer to the Essential Elements of Preventive Asthma Care in the CHAMPS Manual for additional information on managing patients with asthma in the CHAMPS intervention.
Next: View Module 4—Learning More About Environmental Triggers